“If you feel as if you don’t fit in this world, it’s because you’re here to create a better one.”
Judith Orloff, MD continues:
“When I was growing up, I didn’t have any resources to explain the needs that came with exceptional sensitivity—and neither did my parents or teachers.
“I ended up turning to drugs and self-numbing strategies that nearly cost me my life before I finally found help.
“Since then, I’ve become a physician, psychiatrist, researcher, and intuitive healer, and I have made a special point of studying the needs and gifts of empaths and highly sensitive people.”
From the site for her online course :
She also notes:
“While empaths have an unusual ability to connect with others at a deep level, we also run the risk of becoming tired and ill when we’re around toxic people, noise, or intense emotions.”
Here are a few of the questions from “Are You An Empath?” – a quiz related to the course:
Here is the full list of questions from her book The Empath’s Survival Guide :
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Have I been labeled as “overly sensitive,” shy, or introverted?
- Do I frequently get overwhelmed or anxious?
- Do arguments or yelling make me ill?
- Do I often feel like I don’t fit in?
- Am I drained by crowds and need alone time to revive myself?
- Am I over stimulated by noise, odors, or non-stop talkers?
- Do I have chemical sensitivities or can’t tolerate scratchy clothes?
- Do I prefer taking my own car places so I can leave early if I need to?
- Do I overeat to cope with stress?
- Am I afraid of becoming suffocated by intimate relationships?
- Do I startle easily?
- Do I react strongly to caffeine or medications?
- Do I have a low pain threshold?
- Do I tend to socially isolate?
- Do I absorb other people’s stress, emotions, or symptoms?
- Am I overwhelmed by multitasking and prefer doing one thing at a time?
- Do I replenish myself in nature?
- Do I need a long time to recuperate after being with difficult people or energy vampires?
- Do I feel better in small cities or the country than large cities?
- Do I prefer one-to-one interactions or small groups rather than large gatherings?
Calculate your results:
- If you answered yes to one to five questions, you’re at least partially an empath.
- Responding yes to six to ten questions means you have moderate empathic tendencies.
- Responding yes to eleven to fifteen means you have strong empathic tendencies.
- Answering yes to more than fifteen questions means that you are a full blown empath.
The course page asks:
‘Have you ever been told you need to “toughen up,” “grow a thick skin,” or “stop being so sensitive?”
‘If so, you’re not alone. That’s why Dr. Judith Orloff has created The Empath’s Survival Guide Online Course.’
Learn How to Thrive as an Empath with Dr. Judith Orloff
Some of the contents of the course :
[Click first image to view larger.]
Learn more and sign up for the program :