The Evolutionary Empath Summit – Inspired Strategies for Empaths, Sensitives and Intuitives.
This educational series by The Shift Network was online from May 14-17, 2019.
It is no longer online – but related resources from some of the speakers are available – see below/
A page for the event summarized the Summit :
Discover the key characteristics of being sensitive, empathic, and intuitive — and the similarities and differences between them.
- Receive strategies for self-care, recovering from burnout, and preventing overwhelm from striking in the first place.
- Ground into your own energy so you don’t take on the energy of others at your own expense.
- Explore modalities for healing from unhealthy family dynamics or multi-generational patterns.
- Uncover fresh insights into parenting if you’re a highly sensitive person or an empath — and/or if your children are sensitive, intuitive, or empathic/
- Develop yourself as a leader with sensitive entrepreneurship skills.
The site summarizes some of what the speakers shared – and available in the recording package, which comes with additional bonuses.
Judith Orloff – self-protection strategies to help you prevent compassion fatigue, combat narcissists and other energy vampires.
Grandmother Flordemayo – how immersing yourself within nature using the four sacred elements can help replenish your soul and rejuvenate your mind, body, and spirit.
Wendy De Rosa – discover your power as a healer, and will show you how to transform from the wounded healer to the empowered healer.
Sonia Choquette – how intuition unfolds in stages…empowering you to become a masterful joyful creator of your life, in tune with your true, natural design.
Dr. Christine Page – how your intuition is the loving messenger of your soul, and how to attune your intuition…
Grandmother Sasa – how to take care of yourself as a healer so you can bring health and vitality to others.
Titanya Dahlin – tips on raising the new generation of empathic children (also known as Indigo, Rainbow, or Opalescent Children).
Jean Haner – what type of sensitivity you have (hint: you probably have more than one!) and how to follow your unique, personal map to power.
Rollin McCraty – how energetic sensitivity is related to intuition and empathy… and why extending genuine heart qualities…affects your heart’s ability to synchronize with others.
Below are excerpts from some of the presentations, plus related resources by the authors, coaches and experts:
Presentation: The Highly Sensitive Person: The trait of 20% of the population
“Psychotherapist and author Julie Bjelland explains the trait of high sensitivity including differences in the HSP brain, the science, research and lived experience of the highly sensitive person and the 4 common characteristics of HSP (DOES).
“During this session, she talked about:
- The trait of high sensitivity that makes up 20% of the population
- Differences within the brain, and research on the brain, all through lived experience
- Why embracing the gifts of the sensitive is important to the world
Julie Bjelland, LMFT, is a psychotherapist, author and consultant on Highly Sensitive People.
She explains in a post on her site: “It’s an innate trait that makes up to 15-20% of the population and is also found in several species of animals.
“It’s a type of survival strategy that involves a special way of processing extra, subtle details. We have the ability to read micro-expressions, for example, that up to 85% of the population cannot. We process the five senses in a much deeper way.”
Learn more about her resources including a course and her book in these articles:
Judith Orloff, MD
“Protection Strategies for Empaths and Highly Sensitive People”
“Join NY Times bestselling author, Dr. Judith Orloff, as she discusses techniques that will help prevent compassion fatigue, overwhelm and exhaustion. She also teaches empaths to embrace their gifts of intuition, compassion and caring.
- How to develop empathy without burning out
- How to protect yourself from emotional hangovers, and taking on others’ stress
- How to hold powerful boundaries with narcissists & other energy vampires
Here is a brief excerpt from her audio presentation [photo added] :
Related articles and resources with Summit presenters :
Jean Haner is author of the book Clear Home, Clear Heart: Learn to Clear the Energy of People & Places.
Christine Page, MD is author of the book Frontiers of Health: How to Heal the Whole Person.