How sensitive are you?
HSP psychotherapist Julie Bjelland, LMFT has designed a short quiz on being a highly sensitive person.
Find the Sensitivity Scale under the RESOURCES tab at her site:
The quiz page notes:
Julie is developing this new sensitivity scale and as we analyze results we will release more information about what your results might mean in terms of a sensitivity scale of low, medium and high.
(Early indications are showing high sensitivity to be around 80-100%, medium to be about 40-79%, and low is less than 40%)
Please note these percentages may change as more data comes in.
Also note some males show lower scores based on cultural conditioning of labeling sensitivity as a negative.
If you find that is the case you may find it interesting to take the quiz thinking about how you were as a child.
We are seeing that HSPs who have done personal work on themselves, in therapy, for example, or even through self-help resources like HSP books and courses, have reported that they reduced some of the challenges of sensitivity.
*Note – The above is an affiliate link (and perhaps others on this page), which means the company pays me a commission – at no extra cost to you – if you purchase. See details in note below the end of the article.
Follow the link above to her site for the quiz and other material:
- More Resources For Highly Sensitive People
- HSP Information/Resources
- Recommended HSP books sensitivebooks.com
- Highly Recommended: Subscribe to hspblog.com
- Online HSP course hspcourse.com
- HSP podcasts
- Explore everything HSP hspresources.com
- HSP Social Media
- Subscribe to the HSP Youtube channel
- Join your HSP tribe on my HSP Facebook page for connection and my free live trainings.
- Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter and Linkedin, too.
- Are you a professional who works with HSPs? Join the HSP Panel where we share resources, research and discussions about working with HSPs.
The image below shows some of the other posts by Julie – see the Blog section:
On the site, you can also find her book and related online course, “Brain Training for the Highly Sensitive Person, Techniques to Reduce Anxiety and Overwhelming Emotions”, and another book: “The Empowered Highly Sensitive Person – How To Harness Sensitivity Into Strength In A Chaotic World.”
Visit her site:
Julie Bjelland, MA, LMFT writes:
“Many Highly Sensitive People have challenges.
“We experience the world differently than up to 80% of the population.
“Our nervous system is programmed to be so highly in-tune and aware that it often goes into overdrive in the busy, fast-paced current version of our lives.
“Fortunately, there is a way to feel better.”
See more in my article How to Thrive – The Empowered Highly Sensitive Person book.