This 60-minute interview with leading HSP Expert, Consultant & Author Julie Bjelland, LMFT was presented live July 27, 2019.
Follow link to register for free recording – and to learn about her class “7 Steps to Embody the Gifts of Your Sensitivity” starting Tuesday, August 13, 2019.
The site page summarizes :
Receive proven practices to retrain your brain to transform stress and overwhelm into calm and confidence.
Discover how your sensitivities are strengths and gifts
Learn how to set boundaries and practice self-care… without guilt.
Do these traits describe you?:
- You’re compassionate and empathetic to others… but might struggle with self-love
- You prefer deep conversations instead of small talk
- For much of your life, saying no or creating boundaries with family or loved ones has been a challenge
- You have high expectations for yourself
- You crave meaning and fulfillment
- You have strong insight and are deeply in tune with others
- You love being in nature and find it restores you
- You feel drained and need extra downtime after crowds, socializing, or traveling
- You want to get things right and try hard to avoid mistakes
- You are very perceptive, noticing small changes in a room others might not see, or picking up scents
- You need time and space to absorb new information — and if you don’t get it, you can become overwhelmed
If you relate to even just a few of these traits, you’re likely empathic and a highly sensitive person…
Being highly sensitive means you have gifts the world needs. — Julie Bjelland
Sign up for the free recording:
“It’s a type of survival strategy…”
Julie Bjelland, LMFT, is a psychotherapist, author and consultant on Highly Sensitive People.
She explains in a post on her site: “It’s an innate trait that makes up to 15-20% of the population and is also found in several species of animals.
“It’s a type of survival strategy that involves a special way of processing extra, subtle details. We have the ability to read micro-expressions, for example, that up to 85% of the population cannot. We process the five senses in a much deeper way.”
This video includes an excerpt from her audio presentation for The Evolutionary Empath Summit in May, 2019. (Some free recordings are available).
HSP-DOES Acronym Describing the Trait
D is for Depth of Processing
O is for Overstimulation
E is for Emotional Reactivity and Empathy
S is for Sensing the Subtle
Learn more about Julie Bjelland’s resources including books and online course for HSPs at her site JulieBjelland.com